Friday, March 4, 2011

It All Begins With A Shower

It's been a busy week as usual at the Lawlor household, and it all began with a baby shower. My good friend and neighbor Erin is expecting her 5th child, a baby girl, and what better place to celebrate than at Designer Cakes!

The owner of this fabulous little shop, April Goff, was kind enough to open her place to a few ladies for the evening. The shop is adorably decorated in fun and funky colors that only BEGIN to mimic the cakes she's been creating for the last couple of years!

Here's Erin with a basket of goodies I had so much fun putting together for her. Included were some burp cloths I proudly copied from some I'd seen at my sister-in-law Noelle's shower. I'm a pretty good copy cat and I'm always amazed at the ladies on the Web who take step by step pictures of themselves sewing stuff and then I can do it too! Here was one of my favorite tutorials that inspired me.
http://www.howdoesshe.com/gorgeous-designer-baby-burp-cloths


I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that dessert is the best part of any function, and these vanilla cupcakes with mounds of pink vanilla glittery frosting were no exception. April's cupcakes make Dairy Queen ice cream look rather sad in comparison! No wonder the Gelato lady in the suite next door is bitter....



As if I need any more reason to visit the San Tan mall area, now I've got Designer Cakes to add to the list of must stop fors. I've tried to pick a favorite on her website,
but that's next to impossible, and what's even more impossible is to pick a favorite flavor. I guess I will have to continue to try them all. Darn. I'd love to hear what your favorite flavors are, and if you haven't already, stop by and tell April I sent you.
And you can curse me... or thank me... later ;)

1 comment:

Kim Skinner said...

I like the lemon cake pops best. Well, not best. I love them all...too hard to choose!