I know that a few of you showed interest in learning how to can butter. I came across this website that shows a very detailed description, including pictures, of every step of the process. It is very easy to do, and this makes it even easier! The blog address is http://simplicityfirst.wordpress.com/2008/04/241/canning-butter/ From the small amount that I read (for heaven sake I can't even keep up on the people I DO know!!) this woman lives in an Amish community. Amazing! I have to admit though that after sampling the butter that night....I will not...I repeat...WILL NOT!! be canning my own butter in the future. I thought it tasted n a s t y. I guess if times get really tough, I will be eating my bread d r y.
10 years ago







8 comments:
Amen to that. I think making your own butter taste gross too. I like all the fat and flavor the manufacturers put in their butter.
How do your really feel about it?? :) I'm so glad to know how it tasted. Now I can cross that off my list of things I need to do! Thanks for helping me out!
Dangit! I wanted to try it. But not if it's blicky.
Good to know! I will not bother with it! SO glad I found your blog,
it's fun to keep up! Jeannie
Was it homemade butter? Or butter you bought? Cuz I assumed you bought it...then why would it taste bad? Bummer.
Thank you for that website...I really want to do this....thanks again...=0}
I canned some butter a few months back and I'm to scared to try it. I figure if I am in need I would try it then. You've got me curious now though, I may have to try it.
Hey- I miss your clever optimism! Where are you? Hope all is well.
Post a Comment