We have dreamed of being boat owners for many years,
and last week, that dream came true for our family!
We bought our first boat!
It isn't big, and it isn't brand new,
it's REALLY bright yellow,
and we absolutely love it!
We headed up to Roosevelt Lake for the weekend with our
neighbors and great friends the Barlows.
out there all alone in that big ole lake!
We also did some fishing, listened to a lot of tunes,
We also did some fishing, listened to a lot of tunes,
swam, ate lots of great food (especially when Janalee
wowed us with her dutch oven chicken and potatoes!)
went wakeboarding, knee boarding, and tubing.
We even borrowed a water weenie from
some friends that was such a hoot!
The man responsible for the madness :)
Thanks Babe, for being such a great Husband and Dad...
We Love You!
We Love You!
The Barlows took us out on their boat all last summer.
They are an amazing family, and are such great friends to us!
We love and appreciate them so much. David is our home teacher
and Janalee has my kids more than I do half the time!
They are such great examples to us of service
and of hard work. We love you guys!
Ashton, Weston, and Daniel
up on Sunday night to spend the day Monday
with us! We missed Sarah but are sure
she will come next time....
So, we have attempted to name the boat several times
and have found a few suitable ones! Here are a couple...
{Big Yellow Banana Boat}
{Yellow Jacket}
Now, I would like to open up a Contest.
Please submit your idea of a name for our new Boat.
The Grand Prize of this Contest will be to have
that name plastered in large vinyl letters
right on the back.....
can you even imagine?
What satisfaction I know.
GOOD LUCK
and may the best name win! :)
contest will end at midnight in one week exactly from the date of this post
many will enter, but only one will win







10 comments:
That's so exciting Cindy! I have a yellow car and it seems to be called the Bumble Bee alot but I like Yellow Jacket!
How fun!! I love being out on a boat, it's the best summer past time! We've always talked about owning a boat too, but I don't think our dream will come true any time soon! Congrats!!!
I just know your going to love your boat. Some of our greatest memories have been in the boat and on the lake with. Dayson would always try to dump the kids when they were on the tube. They are pretty good sports and didn't mind too much. I don't know of any good names for your boat but "Gold Mine" is a little catchy.
"Yellow Ribbon" or "The Yellow Ribbon"
In memory of our troops.
Enjoy your boat...don't get arrested for having too much fun!!
Love, Uncle Gary and Aunt Sharlene
Looks fun! I like Yellow Jacket too. Or Stingray, sunray, sunshine, banana rama, shooting star, I really don't know, just pulling silly names out of my butt! LOL
How fun! You better take me for a ride sometime. I'll have to think about a name...
Ooo - How about "Yellow Fever" because it's hot.
Ah, we hope to be boat owners someday. Looks like a blast! How about Mellow Yellow (lazy days on the boat) any how glad to have you back on the blogging scene.
What the heck is "MyLife" and why do you keep joining all these crazy online thingys??? :-)
Livin Lawlors! or Livin Lawlor Life or Lawlor Life! Ok, so that's three entries, b=ut you get the idea. Plaster your blog all over that thing baby!
Post a Comment