Saturday, July 18, 2009

A "Star Spangled" Birthday

Our littlest guy turned 6 on June 30th!
We celebrated with an All -American themed Party
complete with decorations from the beloved Dollar Store,
(hence the cheapy Uncle Sam/Birthday Boy hat with the bent rim)
but Chase can make anything look cute....just look at that face!


We bbq'd hotdogs, and your Hostess with the Mostest
made red and blue star jello jigglers that looked great on the plate
(until you tried to pick them up and they turned to liquid in your
palm and you had to slurp them up!) Tasty!
I'd like to thank my great neighbor friend, Erin, who
took this lovely picture and who came to help me man this event...
I couldn't have done it without her!!


After the kids went swimming, I sent them on a Treasure Hunt!
"Look high, Look Low, on a Search...We will Go"

Why I sent 8 little 6 year old boys to my closet for the treasure
I will never know....
But the screaming with excitement when they found there prize was worth it!



Grandma and Grandpa Monk came to visit
(not pictured is Grandpa who fell asleep in the chair)


Chase has so many friends in the neighborhood that we are so lucky to have close by.
He is such a sweet boy, and makes friends easily. He is such a joy! I don't know what it is about the baby of the family, but there is just something different. I am convinced that it is just because I want to keep him that way.


We love you, Chase and hope you did, indeed, have a "Bang" of a time!!


5 comments:

J. Cohee said...

Happy Birthday Chase- from your cousin whom you probably don't know! Ha ha! I guess that's just how big families are! And the Dollar Store is amazing! I go shopping there all the time!!!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Chase! Looks like a super fun party.

Cedar said...

What a great idea for a summer par-tay. I may have to use this next year. Love the jello idea, you are so Martha Stewart.

Heidi said...

I can't believe your baby is 6!!!! Looks like it was a great party!! Happy B-day Chase!!!!

Jen Olson Brown said...

Your son has the same birthday as my hubby! What a fun party! Hope you guys are doing well (and it looks like you are!)