Monday, August 3, 2009

Surprise! Happy 60th, Mom!

Connie Fenn Monk

July 17th, 1949

My Mom turned 60 on July 17th.
What a truly amazing woman my Mother is. She is the oldest of 10 children, and needless to say she has aged gracefully! My Mom and I have always had a close relationship, but I have found we have grown closer as I have grown older. I think for me it is due to the fact that as I am now a Mother myself, I realize what a patient, kind, and loving woman that she is.
My Mom has always been a great example to me in the service that she gives to others. She currently works full time as an adapted PE teacher, and has for 20+ years. It is a physically demanding job, but that doesn't stop her from having 2 church callings on top of that! She serves in the Young Women Presidency and her and Dave have a Stake calling with the young single Adults. They have quite a job trying to help all the singles find a mate!
As busy as she is, I have never heard my Mom complain about anything. She has more self discipline than anyone I know. She has a sweetness and gentleness that is truly admirable. One of my favorite qualities in my Mother is her genuine love and concern she has for her grandchildren. I love to watch my children with her, because I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she loves them. They feel it and know it and that to me, is priceless!

My Mom and Dave married when I was 6 years old. Their example of a marriage relationship has given me an excellent guide to follow!
To celebrate the Big Day,
my sister Tracy, with a little bit of help from me,

threw her a Surprise party!


This is the top half of the 3 tier cake, the only part that survived the crash.

Tracy had a young gal from her ward that just graduated from culinary school make the cake. Unfortunately, minutes before the party, it fell over. Poor girl, and poor cake.

My Mom and 6 of her siblings,

Peggy, Allison, Connie, Judy, Anna , and Mack
Me and Cedar after MANY attempts to get it right.....


The welcoming table...

I made Mom a guest sign in book with lots of amazing products from Glitz Design

To check out there stuff click here http://www.glitzitnow.com/

Colors

{Black} & {Pink}



Chocolate Fountain

( a huge hit!)
Me, my Momma, and the Best Sisters...I Love them!
My Uncle Jim and My Uncle Mike (Dave's brothers)

I love listening to these guys play!!
Aunt Ali and I
Grandma Fenn and the Siblings


Mike and Chris LeBaron had gone out to dinner with Mom and Dave and they were heading back to the house to "play cards" when Mike took a sudden pitstop at the church. That is where about 120 people had assembled to "surprise" her! Mom was so funny! Dave had to practically pick her up to get her to come in the cultural hall where we were all ready. When she finally turned around and saw the crowd, she screamed out in a startled way and every died laughing. It was hysterical.
It was a great evening, good food, gorgeous decorations,
and most importantly ......
A Night to Remember!
Happy Birthday Mom!!



4 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Connie! Looks like a fabulous party for a fabulous lady.

Heidi said...

How fun that you got to have a big bash for your mom! The party looked amazing! Happy 60th Connie!

Jen Olson Brown said...

How wonderful! Surprise parties are so exciting and her reaction was probably worth all the planning and preparations! I love the invitations! And the cake! Poor chef- at least part was protected. Take care! You guys are a model family for us!

Summer said...

looks like a super cute party! And Aubrey looks so much like your mom from some of those pics!!