Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's the Happiest Season of All.....

I can't help but get a little excited this time of year...with all 3 family Turkey dinners cooked, eaten, thoroughly enjoyed, cleaned up, and the button undone on my jeans...I can now conquer the
Christmas Decorating!




I've always wanted a "kids" tree since I remember having one when I was growing up, one that Mom let's the kids decorate with all the fun ornaments that are handmade in Primary with little pictures and all the sentimental ornaments that mean something because they were hand stitched, painted, or crafted with love. So, I finally bit the bullet and bought a cute, cheap 7 foot white one and let the kids have at it...with a tiny bit of help from myself. ;)

I loved how each one of my kids grouped their little things together next to the stockings that Great Grandma Minnie m
ade for them when they were born. She must have 20+ hours into each stocking with all the tiny little pieces cut and arranged differently for each child. Well into her 70's and 80's Grandma Minnie was always working with her hands to create treasures to be remembered by long after she's gone, and I'm so glad she did.

I played around with my new toy...a Canon Rebel T1i. I happily traded in my $59 clearance special camera I had gotten at Fred Meyer in Washington for the much longed for upgrade. You can imagine how excited I was when I snapped away at the little tree and the camera actually TOOK the picture when I pushed the button! Wow!

Now that the easy work is done, I must begin on the Big Tree and all the garlands, lights, village, and other Christmas decor that seems to bring along with it the excitement of the season!

So how...may I ask....is YOUR Christmas decorating coming along?



3 comments:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

I've heard of a few other people doing kid trees too. Looks like they had fun.

I got down my Christmas boxes this weekend, but I only got a few things out when I had 20 minutes to put to it. More to do. =)

p.s. Right now looking at your blog the background and the words are black, I had to highlight them in order to read it. dunno if it's just this computer though...

Mel said...

How exciting!! Of course they came out with the Ti right 4 weeks after I bought my Rebel! Oh well, I still love my camera!
I love your decorating too....help me!

Celeste said...

Welcome back to blogging!!!! Love the kid Christmas tree...very cool idea. Your family picture is beautiful :D