Friday, November 12, 2010

Something Special...

There's nothing that tugs on my heart strings more than the sweet words of a child. Today Chase tugged on mine. We were shopping at Target and there was a group of disabled adults there on a field trip. I noticed Chase staring at one girl in particular. She was one of the more severely affected and was strapped in a wheel chair. He whispered to me "Mom." I'm thinking...oh great here it is, something embarrasing he may ask or say. Hoping he doesn't say it too loud, he surprised me when he whispered "I feel sad for that girl..."

And I knew that he meant it.

Chase has a kind and caring heart. He is always thinking of others, and is sensitive to what is right and wrong. Today I am truly thankful to be his Mother....

4 comments:

Mel said...

How sweet!!
Are you coming back to the blogging world??

Becky said...

Aww, what a cute guy! He must have tugged pretty darn hard to prompt you to do a blog post. :)

Kimberly said...

Where the heck have you been...I was surprised and excited to see you updated! Chase is sooo cute...can't wait to see your family at the Lawlor Christmas party...knock on wood!!

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

That picture looks such like Daren.

Chase is so sweet. Love him.

Please keep up the blogging =) Go Cindy!