
It is so nice to get outta town, even if it's only for a couple days! We went to Bear Canyon Lake
with our next door neighbors, the Freeman's. We are so lucky to live in a neighborhood with so
many great families around us! It only took us all summer to get it together but we were
so glad that we finally did!


Catching CrawDads! This was the highlight of the trip, we spent most of the afternoon
"hunting" for the things because Daren promised to boil them up for dinner!
Amy was so hilarious with her "hunting" skills! She said she always wanted to be a marine biologist when she grew up! So I guess when you live in Arizona, the best way to live your dream is to catch crawdads! She was the master catcher!
Ashton and her pinchered friend. 
We decided to be adventurous and take a hike on our way out! 
The only thing we found was a forrest of ferns!
While the men were out fishing the women were back at camp getting ready for dinner, so

The only thing we found was a forrest of ferns!
While the men were out fishing the women were back at camp getting ready for dinner, somy fire building skills came in handy! Had to get a pic of the blazer for future reference! I was glad to know that if I was stranded in the woods I could survive without a man...hee hee.
Ashton our little preteen! She was not happy about coming on this camping trip. She told us "this is not exactly how I planned on spending my weekend!" She listened to her IPod instead of building teepees in the woods like she did in her younger years! At 11 I am wondering what the heck I am in for when she is a real teenager. Yikes.
She did end up enjoying herself afterall! It wasn't so bad was it now?

I Love making memories with my family! Even if they aren't perfect ones, (like sleeping in the car because you are arguing with your man) these kinds of things are what our kids are going to remember when they are grown! (Hopefully not the before mentioned part!) It was a good time all in all and we are glad the Freeman's spent it with us! Thanks you guys!
Ashton our little preteen! She was not happy about coming on this camping trip. She told us "this is not exactly how I planned on spending my weekend!" She listened to her IPod instead of building teepees in the woods like she did in her younger years! At 11 I am wondering what the heck I am in for when she is a real teenager. Yikes.
She did end up enjoying herself afterall! It wasn't so bad was it now?
I Love making memories with my family! Even if they aren't perfect ones, (like sleeping in the car because you are arguing with your man) these kinds of things are what our kids are going to remember when they are grown! (Hopefully not the before mentioned part!) It was a good time all in all and we are glad the Freeman's spent it with us! Thanks you guys!









5 comments:
We had a great time!! I love you pictures, I may have to steal some for my blog!!
I am REALLY impressed with your fire starting skills. If I ever get lost in the forest, I hope I am with you.
Those pics of Chase and his future wife are fabulous. He is such a sweet kid.
How come you are camping and you look so good, not fair.
Oh my gosh! Camping?!?!?! I don't know about that one....you are a brave woman.
Should we just call you Jane??!! You wild women! LOL Looks like you had a blast and your kids are too cute!
And in regards to your comment on mine, really I'm screaming inside because I'm not a huge fan of kids in the kitchen either. It makes me crazy, but I don't want to discourage them so I bite my tongue!! I know I'm the best mom! hahahaha
Ok, so you're camping without a shower and blowdrier, and you still look fabulous? When I'm camping I look like a homeless schizophrenic insomniac. It's just not fair.
Post a Comment