Ash and her friend Ryan "babysat" tonight while we went to dinner with some friends, well, at least that was the plan! After I got home I picked up the camera to snap a quick one of my most recent creation (my fall wreath) and found these pictures the culprits apparently took while we were away!!

Recipe for Sugar Cookies:
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
2 1/2 cups flour
Put sugar in bowl, making sure to sprinkle half on kitchen floor. Add butter and smear on top of sugar on floor, i mean, in bowl. Take 1/2 cup of flour and add to bowl. Take remaining 2 cups of flour and douse 1 cup onto each friend. Rub and pat onto clothes, face, hair, countertops, tile floor and stainless steel appliances. Mix well. Roll out dough and cut into heart shapes. Bake, frost and add lots of sprinkles and more sugar to countertops and floor. EAT, EAT, EAT! Finally, leave half of mess for Mom to clean up upon arrival from her most enjoyable evening of dining and shopping at Mervyns huge going out of business sale!

I have to admit I sure am glad I wasn't here for the big event! Don't know if the nerves would have survived the attack of the flour.! I can be a bit anal about a clean floor! Oh well! What's that saying? "Cleaning your house while the children are growing is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing!" I am just glad they had fun and didn't burn the house down.







9 comments:
Oh man what a mess, it looks like they had a blast, hope the kids that they were babysitting were ok! I love your Halloween picture, so cute!!!!
Looks like you were not the only ones having a good time that night Cindy... ahh.. to be young again and not worry about getting messy!
P.S. I love that saying! I've never heard it before but you can be sure I WILL use it!!!
Looks like fun... while the cats away, the mice will play! I did that once when my parents were gone, only they were out of town when my dad had a speaking assignment. One of his high school seminary students was babysitting, and she got in on the action! Of course, it was all cleaned up by the time they got home.
We NEVER would have done something like that when we were young! What were they thinking? I love the recipe. That's hilarious! I love your halloween picture. Ethan looks especially funny to me.
I hate when you have a fun evening out with the man and come home to such a CLEAN house. AHHHH!! I love the receipe, I will be sure to keep it away from my kids. I love the Halloween pic, what a cute idea. You are so funny, thanks for the good laugh.
Cindy that is priceless about the sugar cookies! It appears that they had a blast! I love the advice you gave.. about shoveling snow.. I will keep that in mind when I am shoveling up a mess that my kids created! I LOVE the halloween picture! Awesome blog!
Yes, Maddy's coach is recovering quickly. He is only 38! Scary! Thanks for your concern! How is Ethan's football team doing?
Ha! I love it! I have to agree I think I would have gone a little crazy if I was there while the mess was going on!!
Did you score on shopping? Is there anything left?
yes that would be cool to be on tv luv ya sage
How fun for the girls!! Theres nothing better then being with girlfriends. Your such a good mom for not freaking out. Now I want to see your wreath:)
Post a Comment