Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Fall!

I can't believe that it is almost time to send the kids back to school! I 've kinda enjoyed having them around during Fall Break!! Unfortunately we didn't go on vacation as we have in the past... but we had fun hanging out at home anyway! You know it is too dang hot when the kids wanna swim everyday. We never had a pool growing up and honestly I don't know how we ever survived without one! It has been such a lifesaver. Of course it's never as much fun without a friend, or two, or ten!!!
We had Ellee and Mason over one afternoon, it is so nice that my kids have such great friends! They make all the difference, and of course it's a bonus when you like their Mom!! Ashton and Elle have been the best of friends since Preschool. Of course they have had ups and downs, and lots of other friends along the way, but they have a special friendship I know will last forever!


I couldn't believe these guys lasted so long in that water...to me it was freezing!! I am a big ole wimp when it comes to cold water! I guess I would rather be soakin up the warm sun on the side of the pool with a nice cold drink in my hand!! You know, it would've been great to get out of town and go to California or Mexico for break, but I guess when the economy is in a shambles, it's not quite so bad to be stuck at home when you can be with friends and family!! Besides, coaches apparently don't get a "fall break"! What's up with that anyway??? So....what did you do for fun?

8 comments:

Becky said...

ummm...it's snowing here. That's all I have to say. Snowing.

Cindy said...

oh my i just have to laugh! Crazy thing is today we were all wearing sweatshirts!! I think the high was 72...brrrr!! :)

Jill said...

Swimming looks like lots of fun. We went to California, and unfortunately they actually have "fall" weather in October. We "Arizonans" have two seasons of the year: hot and hotter. We wore sweaters too, and no swimming for us! Legoland was our big "fun" activity. It was awesome!

Mel said...

I can't believe your kids were swimming! Our water if FREEZING!!

Janda said...

My kids havent been able to get in our pool for weeks, I guess there wimps too!! I just can not belive how old your oldest daughter is getting!! Crazy, remember she was born on my birthday, that was so funny, I totally called it when we where working at Tantrum, and it happend!:)

Cassie and Chad said...

That is definitely something I miss about AZ...I love to swim! How great to have a pool, this weekend was FREEZING here but now we are warming up again to beautiful weather. Hey thank you so much for your nice thoughts on my blog.

Sassy said...

Your children are just so flipping cute! I wish we would have had a pool with our kids when they were growing up as well...How did you and Stephanie manage to both get two of each...so perfect your little families are...well...any family is perfect...I just found it interesting I guess. I would ♥ to actually have an autumn here with changing colors and COOLER WEATHER•••sigh

Cedar said...

I wanted to spend my break with my sis, but sadly it didn't happen. We worked at the Dog House instead. Come see it soon when we are all up and running!!