Friday, November 14, 2008

I am so relieved that the election is over! It has caused me a lot of stress, especially worrying about what may come of our country. I found an answer to these worries in a book that sits on my nightstand, 21 Days Closer to Christ by Emily Freeman. I read about when Christ was walking on water and invited Peter to join Him. With his eyes fixed on the Lord he was able to accomplish it, but he was easily distracted. When he looked around and saw the water he was afraid and began to sink.

Emily says, "Peter's mistake was taking his eyes off the Savior and letting the raging of the world around him become his focus. So often in the process of learning we take our eyes off the Savior. We lose sight of the goal and find ourselves focusing instead on the turmoil that surrounds us, losing faith that He is able to calm the storm."

I found peace in those words, and feel no need to fear anymore!

7 comments:

Mel said...

Ok, I need to borrow that book. Let me know when you are done reading it!!
We need to go out again!

Becky said...

We know that fear is the opposite of faith. We can't have both. We must choose one. I'm going to choose faith as well.

Sassy said...

I need to read that book....I loved reading that thought...so needed right now with all of the unrest in the world and Mormons being the target and my boy out serving a mission...all I can say is I hope they are kind to him, I'm trying really hard to stay focused on all the right things...THANKS for giving me some peace this morning.

Janda said...

That was awesome, thank you Cindy I think we all need to hear that right now. Love ya!! Love your new family pictures,they are SO good!!

Jill said...

Thanks Cindy... what a good reminder.

stephanie said...

you are awesome!! love the new blog look..it might not be that new but i am a tad slow!!

Kimberly said...

Cindy I love your family picture. You are gorgeous.