Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Thoughts on Twilight

I have lost many hours of precious sleep in the past due to reading the Twilight series. Somehow I just couldn't get myself to lose anymore for the midnight showing on Thursday night! We opted on the Friday morning 9:30 show instead hoping that all the Edward loving ladies would still be in bed dreaming of their late night out. It ended up being a good choice! The line was a bit long at 8:30am, but we got great seats and I have to admit...I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I have heard many different opinions, but here are a few of mine....First, good job choosing Bella. She was super cute in her natural sorta way. Also, great job with Carlisle, and for the most part, all the rest of the Cullens. (Jasper was a little odd, but I appreciated a good chuckle every time he was in view!) Good job choosing Jacob...perfect wolfy looking young man and so on and so on as far as character portrayal is concerned. Pretty good job sticking to story line, I found it fun to see on the big screen what has been painted in my mind all these many months! But... I found a few things a tad dissapointing. Now, don't get me wrong, I thought Edward was really good looking..... BUT! He didn't hold a candle to the image of the Edward that I have in my mind! I guess it must be impossible to find a living human being that is THAT beautiful and THAT perfect. Another dissapointment, the meadow scene was not, in my opinion, a "meadow" scene. I mean, where was the meadow? All that into consideration, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and I can't wait to go see it again !!



These cute gals were sitting in front of us, they probably thought I was psychotic for asking to take a picture of their shirts, but they were my favorite! So- what did YOU think of TWILIGHT??

6 comments:

Becky said...

OK - you know I didn't love the books, but I did LOVE the movie. And I thought Edward was a babe and had more of a personality in the movie than what it seemed in the book. I didn't think the other vampires were as good looking as they made them sound in the book, but like you said where are they going to find people that beautiful? I loved all the scenery and the music too. I want to see it again. Not normal for me.

Jill said...

I DID do the midnight show, and there were lots of 14 year old girls wearing their twilight shirts. But... I was wearing one too, and I'm 33 today. Oh well. Mine was original though, it was custom. ;) "What do you mean Edward isn't real?" I'm glad you liked the movie. I did too, and I'll definitely see it again.

Paige said...

Well, I have yet to see the movie and I never read the books so I don't have any expectations. I just want to be entertained when I go. I'll let you know what I think when I see it.

maelynn said...

So, I'm like the ONLY person in the world who HASN'T read these books.
Would you recommend seeing the movie anyways?
Or should I wait until I read them...someday?
Anyways, I'm glad you liked it and had a fun girls 'morning' out!

Brady said...

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Cassie and Chad said...

I loved the movie! I mean seriously what do people expect it's about vampires so how real can it be? I loved it!