
Ethan, (or "Goo" or "Gooey" of "Ch Ethan" to those who know him best )turned 8 on Saturday! Celebrating got me thinking about the day that he was born... he had a hard start to life! I went to my regular check up appointment at 35 weeks. The Doctor told me that he would like me to go to the hospital, that he would like them to monitor the babies heartbeat. It was at 75. I cried and drove, worrying all the way what might be in store for us. Within 15 minutes of my arrival, they were preparing me for emergency c-section, working very quickly, and running with me down the hall to the operating room. I was beside myself with fear. No one even had time to get there to be with me before Ethan was born. He had the cord around his neck and we were told that he could have very easily not been with us today had they not taken him when they did. So- after 12 days in the NICU at St. Joes, and at a whopping 5lbs 5ozs he was able to come home! It still overwhelms me about how awful the experience was for us, and I just have to thank the Lord that he allowed Ethan to be a part of our family here on this Earth.

Ethan has always been a Daddy's boy! He and Daren have a special bond that began in the hospital the day he was born. I got to see, not even hold, him for a couple of minutes before they air evaced him to St. Joes. I stayed at Mesa Lutheran. I finally got to hold him when I was released 4 days later. It was heart breaking for us to go home empty handed. Needless to say, Ethan holds a very special place in ALL of our hearts!
Ethan can sleep like no one I know!! He sleeps long and HARD! He plays all day, can go and go and go, but once he hits that pillow, you better plug your ears. He can saw some serious logs!! He got the nickname GOO that's short for "google man" because when he was born, being a preemie, he had these big GOOGLY eyes. So now, the poor soul, can't keep his eyelids closed over the dang things. Snoring LOUDLY with eyes half open...funny.
My nephew Cooper is Ethans favorite! They don't get to spend near as much time together as he would like, but when they do, he soaks it in. Goo can't get a picture taken without flashin some sort of sign. Peace out.
We celebrated by taking his favorite friend Jared, and Cooper to Peter Piper Pizza. Then it was off to the indoor batting cages! Ethan loves baseball and is quite the little hitter. I loved the cages since I didn't even break a sweat. Ingenious idea for AZ!

Turning 8 was an exciting thing for Ethan and not only because he got his first air soft gun ( oh my what did I do?!?!) but because he is going to get baptized! He has been talking about this day for the last year, he is so excited! He really is a good, sweet boy. He is thoughtful and giving, and is always complimenting me. He always has a hug to share, and a kiss to give. Sure, he is all boy, rowdy as the rest of them , and has a hard time sitting still, but we love him and are so glad that he is a part of our family! Happy Birthday Ethan!







7 comments:
Happy Birthday Ethan!! The trials we have to go through to really appreciate each other is amazing! Hope your day is special;-)
Happy Birthday Ethan! I'm so glad you're here! Cindy, you're a good writer. I like reading your posts :)
Happy Birthday Ethan! He's such a cute boy! I forgot that we went through close to the same thing 2 weeks apart. Alex's start was scary too! Good Luck with the baptism, it is such a special time!
Happy Birthday Ethan! What a crazy beginning! I can't imagine going through that. He is a great kid and I'm glad he's excited to be baptized, that's awesome!
Happy Birthday, Gooey! I'm so glad that Ethan is so eager to be baptized. What a special boy!
What a super cool name....HAPPY BIRTHDAY♫GOOEY!!!
You have just the cutest kiddo's!!!
happy bday ethan cant wait to see you on fiday love you soo much
Post a Comment