
Valentines Day is approaching and I was in the mood for some holiday baking, so for FHE we invited our neighbors the Despains over to decorate sugar cookies! I made plenty of "good" ones and a few "bad" ones. We started out by giving the kids a "bad" one, excitedly anticipating their reaction to the 1/4 cup of extra salt that I had added to them! (Well apparently it wasn't enough salt because they still thought they were good, darn it!) Despite my devious plan not working completely......we used this to demonstrate the
"Recipe" for a happy life:
{obeying the commandments}
{following the Prophet}, and
{applying the scriptures}
Jacob
Gracyn


We told the kids that when we follow these directions we've been given, and not try to "add" things that we think are best, we can live a happier and enjoyable life!
Now, I don't know that they will remember the moral of the story, but I hope at least they will remember that we had a fun family night! Or maybe that they got to play charades using conversation hearts, some of which were in Espanol, just for fun.................

Dayna







6 comments:
How fun! What a good mommy! Chase is so freakin cute (so are all your other kids, but I love his face in that pic!)
Spreadin' the Love...that was clever of you. What a good idea for FHE. I want to eat Ethan's cookie. It has just the right amount of frosting. :)
Wow Cindy, I dunno if it has to do with a month since I've seen them, but your kids are looking older. If Ashton was a little taller I swear the high school boys would be hitting on her....oh no. They're just dang cute kids!
Kids are so funny! I don't think it would matter what you put in the cookies. If you call them cookies they will eat them! What a great FHE idea!
What a great FHE I'll have to steal that one from you. Your "good ones" looked so good!!!
How cleaver. I will have to steal that idea. They looked yummy!
Post a Comment