Saturday, September 6, 2008

Get Well Soon, Dad!


Daren's Dad, Milton, has been in the hospital since Tuesday of this week. Seemed strange since we had such a great time at the cabin over Labor Day and everything seemed fine! He wasn't feeling good Tuesday morning so Daren's Mom, Vicki, took him to the ER. They admitted him and he ended up in intensive care where he has been ever since! He has pancreatitis. It has caused him a tremendous amount of pain and has caused some other problems as well. They expect him to recover, but in the mean time he is not very comfortable! It is crazy how things in our lives can change so quickly. It is hard to see our loved ones in pain, laying in a hospital bed! My Dad was in intensive care for 3 weeks this summer and it really opened my eyes to how fragile life is, and how we should think of each day as a blessing and make the most of it. We love you, Dad, and hope you get better soon!

6 comments:

Mel said...

Hope everything turns out well!
Did you talk to your dad yet about this weekend?!!

hollysboys said...

I hope your F-i-l is ok, that stinks. My mil was in the hospital a while ago for 8 days and it seemed like forever. I hope he gets to go home soon! It looks like you guys had lots of fun over labor day weekend! I love the pic of your family, very cute! We went to Showlow with our friends to thier cabin but I am not very good at getting on the posts! But it was sure nice to get out of the heat, the weather there was perfect!

Cedar said...

Poor Milton, thats to bad. Tell him hello and get better soon!!

stephanie said...

hey cindy..i hope all is ok...i had to check on you again and here you are up and running...email me at skhatch@hotmail.com and i will send an invite to my blog...it would be good to chat with you again!! love stephanie(skinner)hatch

Brandi said...

Hey Cindy,
Thanks for the comment on my blog. You have a cute family. You still look the same. Cute as always. Hope you FIL gets better.

Janda said...

I am Soo glad you joined the bloging world!! I look for your name on Ceaders blog all the time to see if you were there. I havent checked hers in a while. I have been dieing to know what youve been up to. I bug Wes all the time to. He told me about your dive coaching job, that is totally awesome! You go girl!! I will tell you somthing that Wes did say about you:) he said out of all you kids that you are doing the BEST, that you guys are so HAPPY!! I was so glad to hear that, I miss you, and love you to death!! Lets get together for lunch sometime soon!!