Saturday, September 27, 2008

Why I Love My Job




Days like these make me love my coaching job even more! I believe that the recent watching of the Olympics has inspired many young people to try their talents out on the diving board. At the beginning of our 2 1/2 month season I had 20 aspiring divers. 6 weeks later, I think I am down to 15. I may be wrong, but if you have ever tried out a springboard, it is a little more difficult to make your body do what your mind tells it to!! This is what the back of our team shirts say:
Top 10 Reasons Divers Are Different
10- We don't mind smacking...it's invigorating
9- Shammy welts are hot
8- Your "grannie" can't "annie" like us!
7- Green hair is totally in
6- We're too good for clothes
5- There's nothing like the sound of a rip
4- We like bruises on the backs of our legs
3- We think spinning is thrilling
2- We love to wow the crowd
1- Life is just better when you're wetter!
If you have any history with being on a swim or dive team you can appreciate some of these things! It is crazy how being out there and watching these kids brings back so many memories of my experiences with diving. I have broken out some of my old skills on the board a few times, but I prefer to just watch these days! I am way too old, and it has been way too long but I do have to say that I can still do a few old tricks! ;)

5 comments:

Mel said...

You shouldn't post your own flops!! haha Ok, that is so sad, but hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

Becky said...

OUCH!!! Did you teach her that? :) Good form! I give it a 10.

Cedar said...

How sad that I get entertainment off someones pain!! I am glad you are having so much fun and keeping yourself young at heart with all those teenagers!!:) They are lucky to have you for a coach!

Janda said...

Cindy how fun that you get to coach!! I so remember watching you LAZY divers when I was on swim team, just wishing I knew how to dive instead of swim!!:) The good old days!! Go JACKRABBITS!!

Cassie and Chad said...

How fun for you to still be able to do that. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I loved hearing from you. I guess Tracy and Andrea meet often to do lunch and the Temple. It's fun to keep up with old friends, you have a darling family!!!!