Thursday, March 12, 2009

How to Save $ in a Recession...


I hate door to door sales people.

Well, I guess I don't hate the actual person, but I dislike having to stand there listening to their shpill while I am obviously busy doing more important things! Doi. I just sent a gal away a couple nights ago who was trying to sell me a security system. I had to tell her in this economy we are pinching pennies, not to mention I got a better, cheaper idea from my sister in law.


HOW TO INSTALL A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM


1. GO TO A GOODWILL STORE AND BUY A PAIR OF MEN'S WORK BOOTS SIZE 14-16 (WELL USED).

2. PLACE THEM ON FRONT PORCH, ALONG WITH A COPY OF GUNS AND AMMO MAGAZINE.

3. PUT A FEW GIANT DOG DISHES NEXT TO THE BOOTS AND MAGAZINE.

4. LEAVE A NOTE ON YOUR DOOR THAT READS:


HEY BUBBA,

BIG JIM, DUKE, SLIM, AND I GONE FOR MORE AMMUNITION. WILL BE BACK IN A BIT. DON'T MESS WITH THE PIT BULLS - THEY ATTACKED THE MAILMAN THIS MORNING AND MESSED HIM UP REAL BAD. I DON'T THINK KILLER TOOK PART IN IT, BUT IT WAS HARD TO TELL FROM ALL THE BLOOD. ANYWAY, I LOCKED ALL OF THE DOGS IN THE HOUSE. BETTER JUST WAIT OUTSIDE UNTIL WE CAN GET BACK.

COOTER



So...Do you think it will work?

9 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my goodness, I should try that. I reckon that's genius.

Kim Skinner said...

Did you borrow those boots from Heath?

Mel said...

Total LOL! I love that!
PS..Don't answer your door for those people, I just ignore them even if they see my walking by my door! You never know, too many creeps out there anymore!

Cassie and Chad said...

I need to send you a "no soliciting" sign in vinyl to put on your door, this has helped tons! But this idea of yours is pretty dang funny.

Jen Olson Brown said...

This is such a great idea. Thanks for the idea! (P.S. You write really well!! I look forward to reading yours and appreciate the honest writing- not dolled up and not cynical, but true. Thanks!)

Heidi said...

Thanks for the help!! I been trying to figure out what to do about that problem!!

stephanie said...

that is GREAT!! and holy cow martha...love the homemade bread..you are so very talented!!!!

Brandon and Mandi Hemming said...

LOL!! That's so funny!! By the way- your family pic are AMAZING!!! You look great :)

Nikki said...

Hilarious!!!