In September of 2001, my cousin Faylene passed away in a manner that raised many questions....she drowned in her bathtub.
This picture was taken where she and her husband were hiking in Utah the day before she died. She tumbled off of a cliff, and survived, but died the next day.
It has been a long 8 1/2 years as I have watched my Uncle Doug, my Aunt Glenna, and my cousins suffer painfully as they have questioned and wondered what exactly happened that tragic day? What could have been done differently that Faylene may still be with us? Today I hope that maybe a small portion of their pain will decrease as her husband Doug Grant was convicted of manslaughter for her death.At least I hope that this outcome will give my family a sense of justice for their loss.
Of course, nothing will ever fully take the pain away, as I can only imagine the agony that losing a child would cause, but at least maybe they can have some peace of mind knowing that Doug will have to suffer the consequences for his actions, or lack of.....
My heart is aching right now for Doug's family... but my heart is broken for my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins who have lost a daughter, sister, Mother, and friend. Faylene has truly been missed.







5 comments:
This was HUGE in the news back then. I have always wondered what happened. The whole thing is so sad. Thank goodness for the Atonement so he can be forgiven if he wants but more importantly for the knowledge of the eternal plan. I am truly sorry for your loss.
WOW, that is so sad.
Faylene was truly one of my dearest friends...I loved her. This has been some very aching in the heart kinda years for your family...Bless her Mom and Dad and all of her children's broken hearts...I am glad you posted about this...I wanted to.
oh i LOVED faylene...she was my very first visiting teacher when i still lived at my parents...she was always soooo genuine and truly special....i feel sad for her family everytime i think of her....BEAUTIFUL person INSIDE and OUT!!!
Doug was mine and Chad's first home teacher when we were first married and lived out by brown and lindsay. What a sad situation. My heart aches for those families. Faylene seemed like a beautiful person, I am sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment