Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break at the Cabin

My sister Tracy and my sister in law Kera were brave enough, and sweet enough, to agree to spend 4 days of Spring Break with us at the cabin. Sadly, the men were busy working to pay for our good time, and couldn't join us. 3 ladies and 14 kids in a one bedroom cabin is enough to put any woman in an institution, but honestly, we had the best time!! My kids think the world of their cousins and I was so proud of them all for being so good with each other in such tight quarters!
Cedar drove down from Snowflake with her kids for dinner (and games of course!) It was so fun just to be together!

Now, I have bragged about my sisters before, but I honestly believe that I have the greatest sisters in the world. The Lord knew what He was doing when He gave them to me! They are some of the hardest working ladies I know, and I look up to them. It wasn't easy to feed all those kids 3 meals a day, we felt like we were in the kitchen most of the time, but Tracy was a real trooper!
The downstairs toilet caused some excitement for us the 2nd day we were there. My neice Ashley was standing at the sink and she said she heard splashing, so I went over and opened the lid. Water was POURING out of it so I start freaking out trying to turn the water off (not knowing which way to turn it....righty tighty or lefty loosey???) But no matter which way I turned, the water just kept flowing. We just threw a bunch of towels down trying to soak it all up and the water was warm and soapy! Kera was taking a shower upstairs and apparently the shower was draining up and out of the toilet. Fortunately we know a great plumber in the area, and Heath got us back in business!

Now, I had to get a good picture of the toilet seat because it is one of those puffy ones...you know, the kind that lets out a slow stream of air once you take your place on it? That are nice and comfy? Yes, you know the ones that go sssssshhhhhhh? Well, the day that Cedar came out she asked Cheyenne if she needed to use the bathroom before they left and she answered "No thanks, I will just use the one at the cabin because it's soft." It's especially nice when you have to be there for awhile I guess. Too cute, Chey. :)

One of the kids favorite things to do at the cabin is dress up. Grandma Dell had a dress shop and has some of the best robes, slips, dresses, scarves, jewelery, and wigs that make for hours of fun for the kids. The best part is that most of them come in beautiful hues of oranges and olivey greens. Chey came hobbling down the spiral staircase in this one and we laughed so hard she looked so funny. I thought she looked like the old woman from Hansel and Gretel, what do you think?
We drove to Snowflake on Tuesday, which happened to be Kera's birthday. Grandma and Grandpa Monk drove up to for the day. My brother Wes did well when he married Kera, she is such a great catch. Happy Birthday, Kera!
La Cucina de Eva's in Snowflake didn't know what to do with our ginormous party, I mean, that's a whole lotta beans and rice for a group of 24! ;)


Best Cousins!

Aubrey, Sage, Carlie, and Camrie
After Eva's, we hit the Dog House for some fun. Cedar and Kaylee cranked out rootbeer floats for everyone. Try Cedar's new favorite...chocolate ice cream and rootbeer. Not too shabby!





I love my sister!!

We took the kids on a "hike" one afternoon which really wasn't much of a hike, it was more like a walk down the dirt road. We found this awesome tree and the kids had a blast trying to fit all of them in it to take a picture!

I am so grateful for the cabin. I am so glad that my in laws are so willing to share it with us. They are so generous in allowing us to go and spend time there whenever we like. I am so grateful that my sisters were able to go and for the memories that were made. I hope we can do it again soon, but as for now, it is back to school. 9 more weeks to go....summertime, here we come!




8 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like so much fun! I love visiting the cabin, but I'm sure grateful the flooding happened when you were there and not the weekend I was there alone! I might have just shut the water off to the whole house, drove home, and made Austin go back up to fix it.

Mel said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time!! I'm so jealous of the puffy toilet seat! LOL

Heidi said...

That so fun that you got to go and spend time with your family!! I agree sisters are the best!! I can't believe you went with that many kids! You guys are saints!!

Cara said...

How fun! I love your sister too! I love the picture of you & Cedar laughing,way to capture the moment! I want to go visit Snowflake so bad. I'm planning hopefully in a couple of months to visit. It's look like you all had a blast. You're all pretty good lookin GALS!

J. Cohee said...

Hey your family is so cute! And I have the cutest cousins! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I'm definitely jealous of the fun time you all had!

Becky said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! I was wondering where you've been.

maelynn said...

What fun times! You have a great family. ☺
Say hi to Kera for me! I miss them!

Cedar said...

How fun that the squishy toilet seat has made so many fun memories. That was a blast, I wish I could've joined in on the fun some more. I don't know if that cabin could've held 4 more people:) I already miss you and hope we can do it again soon. I love you sis, you're the best.